We should like to show you round our Institute which was founded in 1964 by the advanced scientist, academician, Honoured Science Worker, professor Lev Ivanovich Medved and is widely known in the world as the All-Union Research Institute of Hygiene and Toxicology of Pesticides, Polymers and Plastics.
|TOXICOLOGICAL AND MEDICO-BIOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS|
- Working out chemicals safety criteria for human health and their utilization risk taking into account possible combined, successive and joint action;
- determination of xenobiotics toxicity parameters and their properties to cause pathology, study of pathological effect mechanisms of chemicals on organs and systems;
- investigation of cancerogenic, teratogenic, embrio- and gonadotoxical, mutagenic and allergenic effect of chemicals;
- grounding of permissible day doses for humans and hygienic standards for environmental objects;
- working out methodological, defining toxicological-hygienic criteria, grounding of xenobiotics safety doses and concentrations for mostly sensitive population representatives (children and people suffering from immune deficiency).
- Study of actual contamination, regularities of stability, accumulation and migration of agrochemicals, pesticides, biopreparations, dioxines, polychlor biphenyls, polymers components and other chemicals in foods and environmental objects (air, water, soil waters, soils), diverse goods;|
- hygienic assessment of production technologies, utilization of pesticides and mineral fertilizers in different agricultural areas;
- new technologies of production and processing of agricultural stuff and foods;
- synthetics and medical purpose articles;
- study of harmful action of chemical and biological factors in current ecological conditions (suppression of human immune system);
- risk assessment in utilizing the new chemicals in different spheres of national economy, monitoring the environment and foods contamination with chemicals;
- working out and revision of hygienic standards and regulations;
- sanitary-hygienic examination of foods quality and safety, also substances, materials and articles used in food production.
- Working out methods of analyses using highly effective gas, liquid and small-layer chromatography, IC-spectroscopy and chromato-mass-spectrometry;|
- determination and examination of residual pesticides, agrochemicals, substances which migrate from polymers, products of their transformation, also some toxines in environmental objects, foods, agricultural stuffs, feeding-stuffs, biomaterials;
- chemical composition study of wastes, discharge and ejection, including such super-toxicants as polychlorinated dioxines and biphenyls;
- seasonal tests of water quality, its purification effectiveness, working out recommendations in improving drinking water purification methods;
- compiling ecological local charts.